Feb 22, 2013 / 4:17 pm
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen announced Friday that a water quality advisory for Naramata had been lifted.
The advisory was in place all week for the entire Naramata water system, as crews conducted a routine inspection and cleaning of one of the treated water storage reservoirs.
The advisory was primarily directed at children, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems.
People were advised to boil water for at least one minute before any consumption takes place such as drinking, oral hygiene and food preparation.
The planned reservoir cleaning was successfully completed and the RDOS thanked residents for their patience during the planned maintenance event.
For further information, contact the public works department at (250) 490-4106 or (250) 490-4135.
Read more South Okanagan News
- Motorcycle crash kills one near Penticton May 12
- Rally to help Penticton children's festival May 10
- Nature festival returns to Okanagan May 10
- Dix praises Cannings in Summerland May 8
- Broken bones are part of toddler's life May 6