Feb 22, 2013 / 3:22 pm
Some of the most active companies traded Friday on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange:
Toronto Stock Exchange (12,701.63 up 61.65 points):
Bombardier Inc. (TSX:BBD.B). Transportation equipment. Up 15 cents, or 3.86 per cent, at $4.04 on 7,274,936 shares.
TORC Oil and Gas Ltd. (TSX:TOG). Oil and gas. Up three cents, or 1.62 per cent, at $1.88 on 5,287,040 shares. The energy sector led the advancers on the main index, climbing 1.21 per cent to 252.74 points. The price of oil advanced 29 cents US to $93.13 per barrel.
BlackBerry (TSX:BB). Wireless technology. Down 65 cents, or 4.60 per cent, at $13.48 on 4,961,335 shares. MKM Partners downgraded the smartphone maker to a sell rating from a neutral one, citing lower likelihood of success for the new BlackBerry 10 operating system and lowered their price target from US$12 to $10 over the next 12 months. The company, formerly known as Research In Motion, dragged the information technology sector down 0.38 per cent to 28.77 points, making the sector the biggest decliner on the TSX.
B2Gold Corp. (TSX:BTO). Miner. Up a penny, or 0.33 per cent, at $3.06 on 4,183,926 shares.
Semafo Inc. (TSX:SMF). Miner. Up 32 cents, or 12.90 per cent, at $2.80 on 3,489,738 shares. The Quebec-based company`s stock jumped on news its 2012 year-end resource estimate includes 992,200 ounces of gold from its mine in Burkina Faso.
TSX Venture Exchange (1,144.68 up 10.71 points):
IROC Energy Services Corp. (TSXV:ISC). Oilfield services. Up 58 cents, or 24.47 per cent, at $2.95 on 4,114,042 shares. Contract oil driller Western Energy Services Corp. (TSX:WRG) said it will buy IROC Energy for $193.7 million, including $36.6 million in debt. Western`s stock fell 71 cents, or 8.96 per cent, at $7.21 on 1,027,986 shares.
Border Petroleum Corp. (TSXV:BOR). Oil and gas. Up half a cent, or 12.50 per cent, at 4.5 cents on 3,857,200 shares.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.11||+0.05|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.34||-0.055|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.55||+0.08|
Opportunities to Be Aware of This Year As the 2013 year is coming to an end, individuals should be mindful of year-end tax planning opportunities that will need to be implemented prior to December 31s...
When was the last time you thought about your mortgage? Most people take out a mortgage with their bank for five years and then forget about it. When you took out that mortgage did anyone discuss ot...
Recently, people have been asking me about my recent Stand Up Paddle adventure around the entire Okanagan Lake. Here is an excerpt from an article I wrote with a link at the end to the complete artic...
- US new-home sales jump in October to seasonally adjusted annual rate of 444,000
- Board changes expected at Barrick should boost investor sentiment
- Survey: US businesses add 215,000 jobs in November, the most in 12 months
- Descartes reports record Q3 revenue, net income falls, following acquisition
- Three years in the making, Canada's anti-spam law coming into force next year
- Rogers snaps up naming rights to future downtown home of Edmonton Oilers
- Sun Media cutting 200 jobs across the company including about 50 from editorial
- Conservatives and NDP battle in war of words over competing energy policies
- BOC to hold interest rates
- Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
- Canadian Press NewsAlert: BoC keeps key interest rate unchanged at one per cent
- TSX drops 100 points, Bank of Montreal falls 4.5% as earnings report disappoints