Feb 22, 2013 / 2:51 pm
With warmer weather on its way, it will become difficult to maintain the ice at the Stuart Park skating rink.
As a result, the city has scheduled to close the ice surface by March 1.
Residents have been enjoying the rink since Dec. 2 and are encouraged to get the last few outdoor skates in before spring weather conditions require the rink to be closed.
The rink, in its third season of use, has closed around the March 1 date each season.
City officials stated when the rink was constructed the goal each year is to have the surface open through the mlonths of December, January and February.
Those who love skating can continue by visiting other skating facilities, including the Memorial Arena, the Rutland Arena, and the Capital News Centre during public skating times.
For skating schedules, visit kelowna.ca/recreation.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17
- Memory card looking for a home Jun 17