Feb 22, 2013 / 10:48 am
A small blaze had to be extinguished around 9:30 a.m. this morning alongside Harvey Ave., just east of Richter St.
Officers on scene say a pedestrian walking on the north sidewalk of Harvey noticed the fire and called police.
They believe it started in a clump of pinecones and dry needles alongside a cement wall, possibly by a discarded cigarette.
A transient’s possessions were also discovered nearby, leading police to infer someone may have been trying to start a fire when it got out of hand.
The fire was quickly put out and there was no damage to the apartment building that bordered the street.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Dangerous Dog Act challenged May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21