Feb 21, 2013 / 2:33 pm
Kelowna RCMP have arrested four people, all from Penticton, who tried to cash stolen cheques at the Money Mart on Harvey Avenue.
Police received the complaint shortly after 4 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20.
The suspects' vehicle was stopped by police as they attempted to leave the area.
The occupants, three men and one woman, were arrested and held in custody.
Police searched the vehicle resulting in numerous charges being recommended against the four including Possession of Stolen Property, Identify theft, Counterfeiting and Possession of Controlled Substance.
They were scheduled to appear in Kelowna court Thursday.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Capital spending may top $500M by 2020 May 14
- Kelowna Council highlights May 13
- Water Quality Advisory - Black Mountain May 13
- May Day parade set for Saturday May 13
- Flood Watch May 13
- Week in Review May 12
- Chain reaction accident on Hwy 97 May 11
- Push to end homelessness May 11
- Wrecks converge on McDonald's May 10
- Pulling planes for charity May 10