Feb 21, 2013 / 1:01 pm
1 p.m. update: One man is in critical condition and three others were seriously injured Thursday in a shooting at a Whitby apartment complex.
Police were called to 101 White Oaks Court shortly after 12:30 p.m. as neighbours reported hearing gunshots.
Four male victims were found on the scene and one of them was rushed to St. Michael’s Hospital in an ORNGE air ambulance. The others were taken to hospital by land ambulance.
Durham Regional Police Cst. Nancy Van Roy told reporters that police will be canvassing the building and the area in their search for possible suspects.
No arrests have been made, but police say they have a number of leads and will be interviewing witnesses.
Van Roy could not say whether the incident was connected to another shooting Thursday in Scarborough.
A man walked into Rouge Valley Health Sciences Centre with a gunshot wound shortly before 1 p.m. Police are at that hospital now trying to determine what happened.
The victims of the Whitby shooting have not been identified. Police would not say whether they all knew each other or if they were related.
11:30 a.m.: Durham police say four people are receiving medical attention after a noon-hour shooting in Whitby.
In a bulletin, Durham Regional Police Service said it received a call shortly after 12:30 p.m. Thursday, about a shooting incident at 101 White Oaks Court.
Police said there were four victims, including one who was transported from a hospital in Ajax to a trauma centre in downtown Toronto for the treatment of serious injuries.
Read more Canada News
- Feds buying ads that don't exist
- Petition to rename Victoria Day
- Military supplies stuck in Afghanistan
- Public raising funds to buy alleged video
- Antipsychotic drug recalled in Canada
- Search resumes for missing fishermen
- PM's chief of staff resigns
- Astronaut adjusting to 'earthling' life
- Elijah Harper's body will lie in state
- Spectator killed during Jeep demo
- Panda exhibit opens at Toronto Zoo
- Fishermen missing off NB coast