Feb 21, 2013 / 8:06 am
It seems the Ski2Sea race from Big White Ski Resort to City Park is no longer on its last legs, having signed RE/MAX Kelowna as a title sponsor for the next five years.
The race had been in jeopardy when its previous title sponsor, Interior Savings, chose to focus their community investments elsewhere.
"With a Platinum Sponsor secured for a minimum of the next five years, participants and organizers can feel secure knowing the race will go on,” says RE/MAX Ski2Sea President, Sue Keast.
The 33rd annual race is set to take place on April 14, with teams or individuals racing over six legs that span 95 kilometres from the slopes of Big White to the shores of City Park in Kelowna. The race will include alpine skiing, Nordic skiing, mountain biking, road cycling, running and canoeing/kayaking.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16