Feb 20, 2013 / 10:36 am
Details are coming to light about the alleged plot to murder Canadian teen pop star Justin Bieber.
Audio has been released of phone calls made last November from a prison near Las Cruces, New Mexico, detailing how Bieber was to be killed.
Police say the calls were between Dana Martin, the 45-year-old prisoner accused of masterminding the plot, and the men he allegedly hired to carry out the gruesome plan.
In the tapes, Martin tells a former jailhouse friend and the man's nephew how to suffocate Bieber using a paisley scarf, apparently his signature move.
He says to "tie it really, really tight" and knot it both front and back.
The plan was derailed when the accused would-be assassins accidentally ended up at the Canadian border.
Read more Canada News
- Clark wins war but not her own battle
- Missing man's remains found
- Beach trip for bus beheader
- Ferry officer guilty of criminal negligence
- Female dies after high school rugby play
- 200 flee foothills fires in Alberta
- Hadfield: Social media's Space Oddity
- Evacuation orders from Alberta wildfires
- Mother's heart broken on Mother's Day
- Bodychecking banned in Nova Scotia
- Captain Canada packs his bags
- Looking for illegal downloaders