Feb 18, 2013 / 11:03 pm
A New York television news anchor fought with his wife and then choked her at their home and threatened her even after he was arrested, police said.
A police mug shot of Rob Morrison shows him with what appears to be a bloody cut on the bridge of his nose and a nasty bruise on his swollen bottom lip.
Morrison, who posted $100,000 bond, was due in court Tuesday. He faced charges of strangulation, threatening and disorderly conduct.
The couple's attorney said in a statement Monday they are co-operating fully with authorities in this "unfortunate incident."
"The Morrisons are confident that a full review of this matter will show that the allegations have been greatly exaggerated," attorney Robert Skovgaard said in the statement.
Read more World News
- Prince Harry's Antarctic race called off
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Thailand crisis deepens
- Progress seen since Typhoon Haiyan
- South Africans hold day of prayer
- Millions of residents hit by storm
- Obama to attend Mandela memorial
- 72nd anniversary of Pearl Harbor
- Egypt court reduces heavy sentences
- Attacks kill 15 in Iraq
- Mandela's state funeral set for Dec. 15
- Hundreds to celebrate pot anniversary
(Click for RSS instructions.)