Feb 18, 2013 / 11:03 pm
A New York television news anchor fought with his wife and then choked her at their home and threatened her even after he was arrested, police said.
A police mug shot of Rob Morrison shows him with what appears to be a bloody cut on the bridge of his nose and a nasty bruise on his swollen bottom lip.
Morrison, who posted $100,000 bond, was due in court Tuesday. He faced charges of strangulation, threatening and disorderly conduct.
The couple's attorney said in a statement Monday they are co-operating fully with authorities in this "unfortunate incident."
"The Morrisons are confident that a full review of this matter will show that the allegations have been greatly exaggerated," attorney Robert Skovgaard said in the statement.
Read more World News
- US general's sexual misconduct charges
- Man killed dribbling soccer ball to Brazil
- Doctor visits left Jackson 'loopy'
- Google CEO explains health issues
- Prince tours storm ravaged Jersey shore
- Businessman hits jackpot in casino suit
- Tunnel collapses at mine, 33 trapped
- Chocolate bullets letter gets response
- Associated Press subpoenaed
- Mother's Day shooting suspect ID'd
- Hadfield and crew are back on earth
- Explosions, fire reported at gas plant
(Click for RSS instructions.)