Feb 18, 2013 / 10:55 pm
Residents of a high-rise apartment building in Burnaby, B.C. remain evacuated after what appears to be dynamite was found in one of the units.
Residents of the 39-storey building (in the 4200 block of Grange St.) were told to leave late Monday as police were conducting a search for drugs.
The RCMP said they found about 10 sticks of dynamite during a search that also uncovered drugs and firearms in an 11th floor apartment.
Police have reportedly removed the dynamite and were burning it in a city park.
Some residents have gone to a local community centre to wait out the police operation. (CKNW)
Read more BC News
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
(Click for RSS instructions.)