Feb 18, 2013 / 10:55 pm
Residents of a high-rise apartment building in Burnaby, B.C. remain evacuated after what appears to be dynamite was found in one of the units.
Residents of the 39-storey building (in the 4200 block of Grange St.) were told to leave late Monday as police were conducting a search for drugs.
The RCMP said they found about 10 sticks of dynamite during a search that also uncovered drugs and firearms in an 11th floor apartment.
Police have reportedly removed the dynamite and were burning it in a city park.
Some residents have gone to a local community centre to wait out the police operation. (CKNW)
Read more BC News
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
- Juror excused at BC ferry sinking trial
- Body found following swimming tragedy
- 72-hour strike notice given to FortisBC
(Click for RSS instructions.)