Feb 18, 2013 / 10:19 am
One person was taken to hospital yesterday evening after their car rolled near the intersection of Highway 97 and College Way, just south of Vernon.
Vernon Deputy Chief Jack Blair says the single vehicle accident occurred shortly before 5 p.m., when the driver felt lightheaded.
“It appears the female patient may not have been feeling well while she was driving and felt she was going to pass out,” Blair says.
“She mentioned she had tried to pull over, and must have passed out because the next thing she knew, she was being pulled out of her car.”
Blair suggests the car must have rolled over quite slowly based on information obtained at the scene, but the driver did receive a large laceration on her forehead.
Read more Vernon News
- Bus stop purse snatch May 13
- Townhouse fire destroys kitchen May 12
- Flying car crashes near school May 10
- Sword wielder beaten with skateboard May 8
- Target opens its doors in the Okanagan May 7