Feb 17, 2013 / 9:00 pm
Kelowna's Kelly Scott bounced back into contention during day two of the Scotties Tournament of Hearts in Kingston, ON.
After a forgettable 10-4 defeat at the hands of arch rival Jennifer Jones Sunday morning - Scott bounced back Sunday night with an equally impressive 9-4 victory over Nova Scotia's Mary-Anne Arsenault.
“A bit of a frustrating game on our part,” said Scott, after the morning draw against Jones.
“We just couldn’t put a few shots in a row together. We had good weight and not great line, and vice versa. We battled a bit with the stones that we had and probably with a few spots on the ice, so not our best, that’s for sure. I think we were throwing fine and I think results weren’t the greatest.”
Scott was unable to get anything going against ones managing only singles in the second, fourth, sixth and eighth ends.
Jones meantime picked up two in the third then broke the game open with three in the fifth.
Scott turned things around in the evening draw against Arsenault.
After some well placed draws allowed Scott to sit two, Arsenault was wide on an attempted raise takeout with her last rock of the first end allowing Scott a free draw for three and a quick 3-0 lead.
She built the lead to 6-2 with a double takeout for two in five before stealing one in the sixth.
Two more in nine brought an end to the contest.
“We just came out ready to figure things out. I think shot selection has a big impact out there," Scott stated after the win.
"If you can get a lead, your shots are easier. Those freezes, and getting the right line on those precision shots, are difficult. That’s what we were trying to do earlier this morning, and then we were on the flip side with a few points lead tonight, and it seemed a lot easier.”
The win moved Scott into a fifth place tie with Quebec at 2-1.
They are chasing Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan and Team Canada, all at 3-0.
Scott will battle 3-0 Ontario in her only game Monday (11 a.m. Pacific Time).
MEDIA SCRUM FOLLOWING DAY TWO
Read more Sports News
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Penticton Lakers
- Okanagan College Coyotes
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Westside Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Kelowna Ball Hockey
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Sunplex Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Lake Country Old-Timers Hockey Association
- Orchard City Hockey League
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan All Stars Hockey Club
- Knights of West Kelowna
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
- Kelowna Women's Soccer
- Kelowna Men's Soccer
- Okanagan Challenge
- Kelowna United FC
- Central Okanagan Youth
- Kelowna Youth Soccer
- Westside Youth Soccer
- Rutland Youth Soccer
- Lake Country Youth Soccer
- Penticton Soccer Club
- South Okanagan Similkameen Youth Soccer
- Thompson Okanagan Football Club
- Sunplex Futsal League
- Pepsi Premier Soccer League
- CSA | FIFA | MLS
- Kelowna AquaJets
- Liquid Lightning Swim Club
- Ogopogo Summer Swim Club
- Okanagan Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Badminton Club
- The Penticton Yacht & Tennis
- OK Mission Tennis
- Lakeview Heights Tennis
- Vernon Tennis Association
- Squash BC Okanagan League
- ESPN Tennis
Does your local team have a website?
Email us to add your community sports link.
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us [email protected] for publication here.
- Ryan Kesler scores in SO as Canucks beat Blackhawks
- Severson cut from World Jr team
- Jets upend Panthers to earn elusive home win
- HNIC Radio: James Reimer backing up his words
- Kevin Youkilis agrees to 1-year deal with Rakuten in Japan
- Alouettes re-sign QBs Troy Smith, Tanner Marsh to 3-year deal
- Pekka Rinne's rehab put on hold
- Avalanche goalie Varlamov's domestic violence case dropped
- Jim Hughson: Red Wings not flying so high
- Leafs' Bernier hopes for Saturday return from injury
- Packers QB Rodgers ruled out vs. Steelers
- Canada downs Finland in world junior tuneup
(Click for RSS instructions.)