Feb 17, 2013 / 8:59 pm
A pair of Toronto police officers are being credited for helping save a newborn who had been declared dead.
It happened after the mother went into labour while walking to a hospital Sunday morning and gave birth on the sidewalk in freezing cold weather.
Paramedics rushed the mother and baby girl to hospital, where the child was declared dead.
Police, who were standing over the baby until the coroner arrived, noticed the sheet covering it's body move.
They found a pulse and alerted doctors.
The baby is now listed in stable condition.
Read more Canada News
- WestJet surprises weary travellers
- New RCMP unit to fight human trafficking
- Rob Ford blames problems on police
- Reporter wants $100,000 in Furlong case
- Cop gets 45 days in jail for G20 assault
- Mother petitions over confiscated inhaler
- Viper venom may stop heart attacks
- HootSuite to help young entrepreneurs
- Cdn businessman killed says report
- Bahrain, Algeria, Iraq get new Cdn guns
- First responders honoured in Quebec
- Fans camp in -40 to score special brew