Feb 17, 2013 / 8:59 pm
A pair of Toronto police officers are being credited for helping save a newborn who had been declared dead.
It happened after the mother went into labour while walking to a hospital Sunday morning and gave birth on the sidewalk in freezing cold weather.
Paramedics rushed the mother and baby girl to hospital, where the child was declared dead.
Police, who were standing over the baby until the coroner arrived, noticed the sheet covering it's body move.
They found a pulse and alerted doctors.
The baby is now listed in stable condition.
Read more Canada News
- Rally calls for end to ties with monarchy
- Village mourns fishermen
- Wind turbine proposal for Juno Beach
- PM's new chief of staff
- Anarchist 'panda' leads a new fight
- Warm summer forecast for Canada
- Hidden camera nails care home workers
- Feds buying ads that don't exist
- Petition to rename Victoria Day
- Military supplies stuck in Afghanistan
- Public raising funds to buy alleged video
- Antipsychotic drug recalled in Canada