Feb 16, 2013 / 2:16 pm
A 16-year-old girl has been stabbed to death and another teen is in critical condition after an incident at the Tsawwassen (ta-WA-sun) First Nations Reserve south of Vancouver.
Const. Ciaran (KEE-run) Feenan of the Delta Police Department says both victims were suffering from stab wounds when investigators arrived at the scene.
He says the 16-year-old girl was pronounced dead at the hospital and that the other victim being treated there is a 15-year-old female.
Feenan says police are looking for a known suspect.
Police believe the teens and the suspect knew each other and that the public is not at risk.
No names have been released.
Read more BC News
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
(Click for RSS instructions.)