Feb 16, 2013 / 11:49 am
A Pakistani official says the death toll in the evening bombing at a vegetable market in the city of Quetta has jumped to 60.
Quetta police chief Zubair Mahmood gave the updated figure a few hours after a bomb ripped through a crowded vegetable market Saturday evening.
Some 180 people were also wounded in the attack, which occurred in a mostly Shiite Muslim area.
Read more World News
- Tiger gets hairball surgery
- Stockholm riots continue
- UK attack could be terrorists
- Captors release 7
- FBI kill man in Orlando
- Trial set for Costa Concordia captain
- Climbers aged 80 & 81 race up Everest
- Search for tornado survivors nears end
- Race on to find tornado survivors
- Suicide in Notre Dame Cathedral
- 14 Afghan police killed in day of attacks
- Tornado death toll now at 24
(Click for RSS instructions.)