Feb 16, 2013 / 11:43 am
The glittering costumes and floats that last week marked Rio de Janeiro's iconic Carnival are back as the top six finishers of the annual samba school competition take part in the Parade of Champions.
The final parade takes place every year on the Saturday night after Carnival.
The first group to enter the Sambadrome will be sixth-placed Academicos do Grande Rio. This year's winner was Unidos de Vila Isabel, which will parade last.
Unidos de Vila Isabel's agricultural-themed parade featured a sexy spider samba queen, lady bug musicians and a giant grasshopper float.
Read more World News
- Car bomb kills 9, wounds 70
- Who knocked up the anteater?
- Mom smashes into car to save child
- Alaska volcano continues to erupt
- SUV crashes into McDonald's play area
- Bangladesh cyclone fades away
- 12 tornadoes wallop North Texas
- Deadly tornado hits Texas
- Plane crashes at Nepal airstrip
- Car bomb in Afghan capital kills 15
- Cyclone weakens as it hits Bangladesh
- Deer crashes through bus windshield
(Click for RSS instructions.)