Feb 15, 2013 / 5:55 am
Manteo Resort is 'Smack Dab' in the middle of a restaurant makeover.
The Waterfront Hotel & Villas plans to open a craft beer and premium casual dining experience by mid-March.
Construction on the former Wild Apple Restaurant started in early January and, after over $1.5 million was invested into the renovation, 'Smack Dab' will open its doors in mid-March.
After the dust settles there will be a 120 seat lounge and restaurant, private dining room and the city's largest lakeside outdoor patio.
"We wanted to create a neighbourhood gathering place that locals can enjoy as much as our hotel guests,” said Heather Schroeter, general manager of Manteo Resort.
“Kelowna has some amazing restaurants and chefs who are doing incredible things with wine country cuisine, but we saw the opportunity to deviate a bit from the expected and offer an experience you can’t find anywhere else in the city."
Executive Chef, Bernard Casavant, will lead the culinary team at 'Smack Dab' as they prepare to introduce their version of premium casual. The menu, designed by Executive Sous Chef Brad Horen, will feature appetizers, sharing plates, oven pizzas, signature entrees and desserts that are all prepared in-house.
'Smack Dab' will offer Kelowna’s largest selection of craft beer – 12 on tap and 20 by the bottle – celebrating BC and Pacific Northwest producers. While the beer will no doubt be the focal point, 'Smack Dab' will also offer a complete wine list featuring local wines and international favourites as well as a seasonal cocktail menu.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.20||-0.08|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.37||-0.01|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.56||+0.02|
This column is the last of three, for how to prove your personal injury claim. It is the piece de resistance of the trilogy, the Chuck Norris piece – the final say! As mentioned in the first two...
The bank manager just phoned and asked for full and immediate repayment of the line of credit because the latest, (and they were late!), financial statements showed continuing losses and falling sales...
Recently I recorded a video series for my keynote speaking business. It was called from Faith to Future. In one of the episodes, I talked about the concept of using hard work to get out of a difficul...
- Expert tells jury Warhol portrait of Fawcett at centre of dispute is worth $12 million
- Newfoundland premier will announce financing for $7.7B hydro project: sources
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve gay couples for wedding celebrations
- Custom offers, guidance as you walk around Apple stores with precise location technology
- Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
- Housing starts fall in November: CMHC
- Markets advance, strong U.S. jobs data competes with Fed tapering concerns
- Canadian dollar closes lower amid strong Canadian, U.S. jobs reports
- Google, Facebook, other major tech companies call for tighter controls on government snooping
- Canadian big banks post record profits in 2013, but outlook raises concern
- Ontario company to be sentenced in deadly Toronto propane plant blast
- Singer Bocelli visits MIT for workshop on adaptive technology for the visually impaired