Feb 14, 2013 / 2:00 pm
The Penticton Fire Department was called out to a small fire in downtown Penticton early Thursday.
Crews, responding at around 7 a.m., found a couch burning at the location behind the Three Gables Liquor Store on Martin Street.
Firefighters quickly put out the fire, probably caused by someone sitting on the couch smoking, said Deputy Fire Chief Dave Spalding.
People live upstairs in the building, but there was no damage to the structure or any reported injuries.
Residents looking at the blackened couch and nearby debris Thursday, said it was cause for concern, burning so close to their building.
Read more Penticton News
City of Penticton
Penticton Discussion Forum
Penticton & Wine Country Chamber
Regional District Okanagan-Similkameen
District of Summerland
Summerland Chamber & Tourism
Town of Oliver
Town of Osoyoos
Town of Keremeos
School District 67 - Okanagan Skaha
School District 53 - Okanagan Similkameen
- This Mule will stay awake until 3 a.m. May 22
- Downtown plan ready for public scrutiny May 22
- Penticton mutes backyard clucking May 22
- Trouble on the water May 21
- Council pecking order, hens on agenda May 21