Feb 17, 2013 / 5:00 am
A water quality advisory will be in place for the entire Naramata water system next week as crews conduct a routine inspection and cleaning of one of the treated water storage reservoirs.
The advisory will be in effect from Feb. 18 to 22 and is directed at children, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems.
These people are advised to boil water for at least one minute before any consumption takes place such as drinking, oral hygiene and food preparation.
Customers of the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen may also notice elevated levels of chlorine in the water during this time.
No interruptions in service are expected, but the RDOS is encouraging residents to conserve their water.
Read more South Okanagan News
- Nature festival returns to Okanagan May 10
- Dix praises Cannings in Summerland May 8
- Broken bones are part of toddler's life May 6
- Centre for owl rehab holds open house May 4
- Dogs poisoned in West Bench May 3