Feb 14, 2013 / 4:30 pm
The District of West Kelowna expects to save approximately $300,000 on renovations planned for Jim Lind Arena.
Earier this week, council awarded the contract for the ice floor replacement at the aging arena to James Alexander Construction out of Kelowna and Palladian Developments from Nanaimo.
The contract came in at $829,500.
The winning bid was the lowest of four bids received for the project.
Bids came in lower than expected meaning council was able to reduce the capital budget request from $1.45M to $1.11M.
The arena boards and lighting inside the rink will also be upgraded.
Replacement of the floor at Jim Lind Arena is expected to take about four months.
Work will begin April 1.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3
- Hockey kids collect for the Philippines Dec 3
- Sandman rescues drivers Dec 2
- Van takes a slide in West Kelowna Dec 2
- West Kelowna fire fighters tackle hunger Dec 1
- Boucherie road reopened after rollover Nov 27
- Chronic runaway still missing Nov 27
- Premier's riding goes 'Up in Smoke' Nov 27
- Latest Westside Road project complete Nov 27
- Fearless coyote kills family dog Nov 26