Feb 14, 2013 / 4:30 pm
The District of West Kelowna expects to save approximately $300,000 on renovations planned for Jim Lind Arena.
Earier this week, council awarded the contract for the ice floor replacement at the aging arena to James Alexander Construction out of Kelowna and Palladian Developments from Nanaimo.
The contract came in at $829,500.
The winning bid was the lowest of four bids received for the project.
Bids came in lower than expected meaning council was able to reduce the capital budget request from $1.45M to $1.11M.
The arena boards and lighting inside the rink will also be upgraded.
Replacement of the floor at Jim Lind Arena is expected to take about four months.
Work will begin April 1.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Golf course fire ruled an arson May 13
- Uncovering youth homelessness May 13
- Westshore water advisory May 12
- West Kelowna will control its own pests May 12
- Shannon Lake clubhouse video May 11
- Van goes into restaurant May 11
- Clubhouse destroyed by fire May 11
- Mystery driver wrecks car May 10
- Motorists asked to avoid Angus Drive May 10
- Burnt out headlight tips off cops May 9