Feb 14, 2013 / 10:00 am
Five people could be facing charges after West Kelowna and Lake Country RCMP raided two separate, unrelated grow-ops Wednesday afternoon.
The first search warrant was executed on a residence and outbuilding in the 12000 block of Oceola Road in Lake Country.
Police found an elaborate marijuana growing operation inside the outbuilding, along with a hydro bypass and seized over 300 grams of dried bud. No one was home at the time and it appeared the harvest had already been completed.
Later that day, West Kelowna RCMP acted on a tip and executed a search warrant at 3456 McTaggart Road.
They discovered a hydro bypass and a sophisticated growing operation. They seized approximately 7,400 plants in various stages of growth and four men were arrested inside the residence.
Both investigations are ongoing.
The five men all face potential charges of Theft of Electricity, Production of a Controlled Substance and Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Premier's riding goes 'Up in Smoke' Nov 27
- Latest Westside Road project complete Nov 27
- Fearless coyote kills family dog Nov 26
- Box of wine tossed after crash Nov 25
- Alleged arsonist also property manager Nov 22
- West Kelowna grow-op dismantled Nov 20
- West K set for sweeping zoning changes Nov 20
- Young men brave icy waters to save man Nov 19
- Christmas lights tour for the food bank Nov 19
- Designers wanted for civic centre Nov 18