Feb 14, 2013 / 10:00 am
Five people could be facing charges after West Kelowna and Lake Country RCMP raided two separate, unrelated grow-ops Wednesday afternoon.
The first search warrant was executed on a residence and outbuilding in the 12000 block of Oceola Road in Lake Country.
Police found an elaborate marijuana growing operation inside the outbuilding, along with a hydro bypass and seized over 300 grams of dried bud. No one was home at the time and it appeared the harvest had already been completed.
Later that day, West Kelowna RCMP acted on a tip and executed a search warrant at 3456 McTaggart Road.
They discovered a hydro bypass and a sophisticated growing operation. They seized approximately 7,400 plants in various stages of growth and four men were arrested inside the residence.
Both investigations are ongoing.
The five men all face potential charges of Theft of Electricity, Production of a Controlled Substance and Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Golf course fire ruled an arson May 13
- Uncovering youth homelessness May 13
- Westshore water advisory May 12
- West Kelowna will control its own pests May 12
- Shannon Lake clubhouse video May 11
- Van goes into restaurant May 11
- Clubhouse destroyed by fire May 11
- Mystery driver wrecks car May 10
- Motorists asked to avoid Angus Drive May 10
- Burnt out headlight tips off cops May 9