Feb 13, 2013 / 9:19 pm
The RCMP say one of their officers fired a shot after man approached the Mountie armed with a rifle near Valemount, B.C.
Police say no one was hurt and the man was wrestled to the ground and arrested.
They say the incident began Tuesday when an officer pulled over a vehicle on Highway 16 north of Valemount.
The driver stepped out of the vehicle, pulled out a rifle and approached the police officer.
That's when police fired a single shot before the man was arrested.
Const. Lesley Smith says the RCMP are investigating the incident and while the Independent Investigations Office has been told what happened, it won't be getting involved.
Read more BC News
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
- Juror excused at BC ferry sinking trial
- Body found following swimming tragedy
- 72-hour strike notice given to FortisBC
(Click for RSS instructions.)