Letters to the editor
I usually do not respond to these letters but to actually read what this Mark Goddard has insinuated is crazy.
The RCMP are advising you that having these replicas causes danger to the person who waves them about and in extreme cases could result in the death of the person when he or she uses it in a threatening manner. Do you think for an instant that British Police would not have the same reaction and yes there are police officers there that have guns to respond to firearm complaints.
Come on what kind of letter or comment was that supposed to be? Maybe we should have a camera in every parking lot, intersection, pub, restaurant or any other public or non public place like they do in England.
The police have come close to shooting a person with a pellet gun or water pistol but I do not recall, at least in Canada, where they have actually shot anyone but I may be wrong. Not sure how many persons answering their own door with a remote in their hand have been killed either but it must be pretty low and again not in Canada.
COME ON !!!!
Read more Letters to the editor
- Strike or settlement?Poll - 4:42 pm
- 'Spiderman' arsonist gets jail timeKelowna - 5:00 pm
- Road project jumps by $1.1MKelowna - 12:17 pm
- Murder details brings family to tearsKamloops - 12:10 pm
for these and other issues.
- Thanks for new idea on the waterfront Mar 1
- Deliver me from Canada Post Feb 25
- Logan Lake Doctor Feb 25
- More waterfront parks Feb 25
- Local $$ for foreign art Feb 20