Feb 13, 2013 / 1:10 pm
Kelowna's loss in the westside's gain.
Lenetta Parry has left her position with the Kelowna Community Food Bank to take on the role of Executive Director with the Westside Community Food Bank.
Parry had spent more than seven years with the Kelowna Food Bank, most recently serving as Associate Executive Director.
She began her new position Tuesday.
"Ms. Parry brings a wealth of experience, knowledge and passion to the position and the board looks forward to working with her," says Westside Community Food Bank chair, Helen Holton.
Parry will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Westside Food bank, providing leadership to staff and volunteers and ensuring the strategic direction and policies of the organization are followed.
"Most of all, I am eager to meet staff, volunteers, donors and client," says Parry.
"It's always been a goal of mine to be the leader in a Human Service Organization."
The Westside Community Food Bank currently assists approximately 500 households each month -- which works out to about 1,600 individuals, 40 per cent of which are children under the age of 15.
Parry is also known for her dedication towards establishing the Central Okanagan Healthy Food Council, work on the Poverty and Homelessness Action Team of the Central Okanagan and her three years of service as a Food Banks of BC Board Director.
A longtime resident of the community, Parry assisted in the facilitation of the Westside Visioning Forum and volunteers annually with Westside Daze.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Dust devil in West Kelowna Jun 13
- Cdn. singer highlights Westside Daze Jun 13
- Premier ready to work for your vote Jun 12
- Heritage buildings saved from fire Jun 12
- West Kelowna opts for new score clock Jun 12
- Westside-Kelowna voting information Jun 12
- Byelection date set for July 10 Jun 12
- Traffic calming options explored Jun 12
- Dix comes out swinging Jun 12
- Carole Gordon Vs. Christy Clark Jun 11