Feb 12, 2013 / 3:00 pm
A former RCMP officer has pleaded guilty to breach of trust by a public officer.
The plea was entered this morning (Tuesday) by counsel on behalf of Stuart Seib, the former commander of the Merritt RCMP detachment.
He is also charged with Theft of $5,000 or under, after allegedly stealing and using cocaine from a police evidence locker.
Seib had been with the RCMP for nearly two decades and also served as the officer-in-charge of the Clearwater detachment before his transfer to Merritt in November 2011.
He was suspended from the force on Jan. 10, 2012 when the allegations first came to light and he resigned a few months later.
His next court date will be April 9.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18