Feb 12, 2013 / 3:00 pm
A former RCMP officer has pleaded guilty to breach of trust by a public officer.
The plea was entered this morning (Tuesday) by counsel on behalf of Stuart Seib, the former commander of the Merritt RCMP detachment.
He is also charged with Theft of $5,000 or under, after allegedly stealing and using cocaine from a police evidence locker.
Seib had been with the RCMP for nearly two decades and also served as the officer-in-charge of the Clearwater detachment before his transfer to Merritt in November 2011.
He was suspended from the force on Jan. 10, 2012 when the allegations first came to light and he resigned a few months later.
His next court date will be April 9.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Bait sleds hidden around the interior Dec 11
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 11
- Fire destroys mobile home Dec 11
- Prolific offender in custody Dec 11
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9