Paul Rudd found it ''surreal'' getting back into character for 'Anchorman: The Legend Continues'.
The 'This is 40' actor - who starred alongside Will Ferrell and Steve Carrell in 2004's 'Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy' - admitted it was strange returning to the franchise almost a decade after the original film was made.
He told Digital Spy: ''It has been [a decade] which is crazy to think about. I'm really excited. We start shooting next month and it's unbelievable - it's been almost a decade.
''When it was announced, we didn't even really know. Will Ferrell was on a talk show as Ron Burgundy and I just remember the day before, I got this message, 'You gotta watch Conan tomorrow night'. And that's how I found out.
''A week later we all got together to film a teaser trailer for it and it was surreal getting back into the costume and seeing each other.''
The 43-year-old star - who plays Brian Fantana in the films - added that he hopes fans will still be interested in the film despite the long wait between the original and the sequel, which is due for release later this year.
He said: ''It seemed with 'Anchorman', it got more popular after it was in the movie theatre. Hopefully the interest will still be there 10 years later. It seems like [there will be interest because of] the number of people that ask about it.''
- Harry Styles signs solo deal Entertainment 9:25 am - 804 views
- Adele's 25 now streamingEntertainment 9:24 am - 421 views
- Megan Fox expecting a boyEntertainment 9:24 am - 584 views
- Calvin Harris feels 'free'Entertainment 9:23 am - 521 views
- Lohan planning new albumEntertainment 9:23 am - 312 views
- Henry Rollins at the RCAEntertainment 1,443 views
- Indiana Jones will live onEntertainment 1,126 views
- Spice Girls documentaryEntertainment 831 views
- 13 hour a day workout?Entertainment 1,051 views