Feb 12, 2013 / 9:21 am
The former commander of the RCMP detachment in Merritt, BC, appears in provincial court in Kelowna today, charged with the theft of drugs from a police evidence locker.
Online court lists show a guilty plea could be entered during the morning appearance of former staff sgt. Stuart Seib.
He was suspended as head of the Merritt detachment in January 2012, when charges of theft under $5,000 and breach of trust were laid.
At the time, investigators said cocaine had been taken from a police evidence locker.
Seib, an 18-year veteran of the force, was transfered to Merritt in November 2011, after being stationed in Clearwater for seven years.
He resigned from the RCMP last year and won't face internal discipline. (CHNL)
Read more BC News
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
- Juror excused at BC ferry sinking trial
(Click for RSS instructions.)