Feb 11, 2013 / 5:12 pm
A television station's regular programming was interrupted by news of a zombie apocalypse.
The Montana Television Network says hackers broke into the Emergency Alert System of Great Falls affiliate KRTV and its CW station Monday.
KRTV says on its website the hackers broadcast that "dead bodies are rising from their graves" in several Montana counties.
The network says there is no emergency and its engineers are investigating.
A call to KRTV was referred to a Montana Television Network executive. Jon Saunders didn't immediately return a call for comment.
Read more World News
- Pope Francis blesses Harley-Davidsons
- Earthquake strikes south of Mexico City
- 24 dead in new wave of Iraq attacks
- Cat vies for mayor of Mexican city
- N Korea proposes nuclear talks with US
- Rowhani wins Iran election
- A parade fit for a Queen
- Hezbollah vows to keep fighting in Syria
- Woman mauled by chimp can't sue state
- Early results in Iran presidential election
- Newtown, Conn: six months later
- Boston woman pays $560K to park
(Click for RSS instructions.)