Feb 11, 2013 / 11:34 am
A musher from Two Rivers, Alaska, has won the 2013 Yukon Quest dog sled race.
Allen Moore crossed the finish line in Fairbanks just before 8 a.m. PT on Monday.
Hugh Neff of Tok, (toke) Alaska, came in second, about an hour and 20 minutes later.
Winning the gruelling 1,600-kilometre race was sweet justice for Moore, who finished second to Neff by a mere 26 seconds last year.
Neff was first into Dawson City and picks up four ounces of Klondike Placer gold by finishing the 30th annual event that began Saturday with 26 mushers and their dog teams.
The third and fourth place mushers, Jake Berkowitz and Brent Sass of Alaska, are also expected to complete the Whitehorse-to-Fairbanks trek on Monday. (CKRW)
Read more Canada News
- WestJet surprises weary travellers
- New RCMP unit to fight human trafficking
- Rob Ford blames problems on police
- Reporter wants $100,000 in Furlong case
- Cop gets 45 days in jail for G20 assault
- Mother petitions over confiscated inhaler
- Viper venom may stop heart attacks
- HootSuite to help young entrepreneurs
- Cdn businessman killed says report
- Bahrain, Algeria, Iraq get new Cdn guns
- First responders honoured in Quebec
- Fans camp in -40 to score special brew