The Westside Wine Trail in West Kelowna will see smiling sweethearts and happy wine sippers on Sunday afternoon as they take in the second annual “Sip with your Sweetheart” event, in celebration of Valentine’s Day.
The eight participating wineries will be treating everyone to an afternoon of chocolate indulgence where their taste buds can savor decadent wine and chocolate pairings that have been carefully crafted and matched by local chefs, bakers and sommeliers.
The tasting rooms will be welcoming people from noon to 4 pm during this open house event. Visitors are encouraged to start at either end of the trail, either on Glencoe Rd or Boucherie Rd and maps can be picked up at the wineries or viewed at this website.
Wineries participating in the ‘Sip with your Sweetheart’ event, along with their wine & chocolate pairings:
- Kalala Organic Estate Winery | Late Harvest Viognier and Merlot Icewine & White & Dark Chocolate Truffles
- Little Straw Vineyards | Pinot Rose & Chocolate Lava Cake
- Meadow Vista Honey Wines | Bliss Sparkling Cherry Honey Wine & Chocolate Walnut Bark
- Mission Hill Family Estate | Merlot & Dark Chocolate Mousse
- Mt. Boucherie Family Estate Winery | Summit Reserve Melange Noir & Chocolate Cinnamon Heart Tart
- Quails’ Gate Estate Winery | Merlot & Salted Chocolate Caramel Bar
- Rollingdale Winery | La Droite Merlot & Cherry, Chocolate Truffle Cookie
- Volcanic Hills Estate Winery | Selection of Wines & Rogers Chocolates