Feb 9, 2013 / 9:49 pm
Police say three people have been shot on crowded Bourbon Street in New Orleans as revelers were partying during Mardi Gras.
New Orleans police spokesman Frank B. Robertson said two males and a female were shot just before 9:30 p.m. local time. He says one person is in critical condition and the other two are in stable condition. He did not release their ages.
Robertson says detectives are working vigorously to identify a suspect and determine a motive. He did not have any other details.
The streets were crawling with bar-hopping revelers as they celebrate the weekend before Fat Tuesday.
Read more World News
- Car bomb in Afghan capital kills 15
- Cyclone weakens as it hits Bangladesh
- Deer crashes through bus windshield
- Cyclone a day away from destruction
- Cleveland kidnapper to plead not guilty
- OJ Simpson set to tell his story in court
- N. Korea: American sentenced to 15 yrs.
- US general's sexual misconduct charges
- Man killed dribbling soccer ball to Brazil
- Doctor visits left Jackson 'loopy'
- Google CEO explains health issues
- Prince tours storm ravaged Jersey shore
(Click for RSS instructions.)