Feb 9, 2013 / 9:49 pm
Police say three people have been shot on crowded Bourbon Street in New Orleans as revelers were partying during Mardi Gras.
New Orleans police spokesman Frank B. Robertson said two males and a female were shot just before 9:30 p.m. local time. He says one person is in critical condition and the other two are in stable condition. He did not release their ages.
Robertson says detectives are working vigorously to identify a suspect and determine a motive. He did not have any other details.
The streets were crawling with bar-hopping revelers as they celebrate the weekend before Fat Tuesday.
Read more World News
- Prince Harry's Antarctic race called off
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Thailand crisis deepens
- Progress seen since Typhoon Haiyan
- South Africans hold day of prayer
- Millions of residents hit by storm
- Obama to attend Mandela memorial
- 72nd anniversary of Pearl Harbor
- Egypt court reduces heavy sentences
- Attacks kill 15 in Iraq
- Mandela's state funeral set for Dec. 15
- Hundreds to celebrate pot anniversary
(Click for RSS instructions.)