Feb 9, 2013 / 9:15 pm
A serious traffic collision between a taxi and a pickup truck occurred at around 8PM Saturday night at the intersection of Byrns and Benvoulin.
Harjip Dhothar is the owner of the cab that was involved, and he says that his driver is in serious condition.
"I was told it was very bad and that I should get down there right away," he said.
"I'm very worried about my driver."
Three people were taken to hospital, but the driver of the pickup was not at the scene when police, ambulance and fire crews arrived.
Witnesses report seeing someone exit the drivers-side door of the red pickup, toss something into a residents front yard and run west on Byrns Rd.
One witness, who wishes to remain anonymous, had pulled onto the shoulder of Byrns Rd when she heard the accident behind her and saw the man flee on foot.
"He had blood on the left side of his head and he didn't have a jacket," she said.
It is believed alcohol may have been a contributing factor.
Send photos and video to [email protected]
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5
- Holiday cheer stocks food bank shelves Dec 5
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5
- Happy Hanukkah! Dec 5
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4