Feb 9, 2013 / 12:14 pm
Highway 3, the Hope Princeton, is down to one lane after a westbound semi crashed at the hairpin 16 Km west of Princeton.
The big rig was carrying thousands of apples destined for the Chinese market when the driver failed to negotiate the tight turn early Saturday morning.
The highway is expected to be fully open around 2 p.m.
Ice and speed could be contributing factors to the crash.
The driver was able to walk away from the overturned can and trailer.
Jamie Davis towing, featured in the Discovery show 'Highway Through Hell', is handling the recovery, with film crew documenting.
Read more BC News
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
(Click for RSS instructions.)