Feb 9, 2013 / 12:14 pm
Highway 3, the Hope Princeton, is down to one lane after a westbound semi crashed at the hairpin 16 Km west of Princeton.
The big rig was carrying thousands of apples destined for the Chinese market when the driver failed to negotiate the tight turn early Saturday morning.
The highway is expected to be fully open around 2 p.m.
Ice and speed could be contributing factors to the crash.
The driver was able to walk away from the overturned can and trailer.
Jamie Davis towing, featured in the Discovery show 'Highway Through Hell', is handling the recovery, with film crew documenting.
Read more BC News
- Air force helps rescue hiker
- Coal mine rejected on Vancouver Island
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
(Click for RSS instructions.)