Feb 7, 2013 / 2:31 pm
Abbotsford police and the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team are probing a murder at a home in the 34800-block of Cassiar Court.
The body of a 40-year-old woman was found inside the home Wednesday night around 7:30 p.m. after an out-of-town family member asked police to check up on the well-being of a woman who lived there.
A 40-year-old man inside the home was taken into custody. The man and woman had previously been in a relationship, Cst. Ian MacDonald told CTV News.
It’s unclear as to how long the woman was deceased.
Major crimes investigators and forensic officers are now at the scene.
“This incident represents a tragic loss of life and we wish to extend condolences to friends and family of the victim,” MacDonald said.
Read more BC News
- Man and woman hurt in double shooting
- Pipeline spill southwest of Merritt
- Charges laid in skateboard assault case
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
- Pin pad fraud
- Malaysian company to invest $16B
- Premier's first priority? Raises for staff
- Charges approved against 229 in riot
- RCMP seeking stolen dirtbike
- Okanagan prepares for invasive species
(Click for RSS instructions.)