Feb 7, 2013 / 2:31 pm
Abbotsford police and the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team are probing a murder at a home in the 34800-block of Cassiar Court.
The body of a 40-year-old woman was found inside the home Wednesday night around 7:30 p.m. after an out-of-town family member asked police to check up on the well-being of a woman who lived there.
A 40-year-old man inside the home was taken into custody. The man and woman had previously been in a relationship, Cst. Ian MacDonald told CTV News.
It’s unclear as to how long the woman was deceased.
Major crimes investigators and forensic officers are now at the scene.
“This incident represents a tragic loss of life and we wish to extend condolences to friends and family of the victim,” MacDonald said.
Read more BC News
- Woman convicted for stabbing ex
- Boater rescued from remote BC channel
- 54,000 without power near Victoria
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
(Click for RSS instructions.)