Feb 6, 2013 / 5:45 pm
Vancouver police say a woman is still recovering from life-threatening injuries after last week's mass stabbing in a condo building, but she is expected to survive.
Seven people and one police officer were injured in the highrise building in the city's West End during the attack last Thursday night.
Sgt. Randy Fincham says the woman, who was not identified, was moved from critical condition to serious condition and continues to be monitored by medical officials.
He declined to say where the victim sustained her stabbing injuries and says investigators are still trying to determine if the woman knew the accused.
Jerome Bonneric has been charged with four counts of aggravated assault, four counts of assault with a weapon, three counts of common assault and one count of assaulting a police officer.
The 33-year-old appeared in provincial court earlier this week and is expected to undergo a psychiatric assessment.
Read more Canada News
- Montreal Mayor faces 14 charges
- Canada fights online child sex abuse
- Montreal Mayor arrested at his home
- Montreal plot to strike at armoured cars
- Team Canada beats USA, sweeps series
- Harper, G8 propose to fight tax havens
- Feds want permanent secrecy in place
- Trudeau vows to repay charities
- Terry Fox preps Chinese for Canada
- Mystery men in Ford photo identified
- Quebec soccer scraps turban ban
- Syria moved to top of G8 agenda