Feb 6, 2013 / 2:38 pm
It appears Kelowna is losing its lustre when it comes to romance.
At least that's what Amazon.ca is reporting in its fourth annual survey to the 'Top 20 Most Romantic Cities in Canada.'
A year ago, Kelowna was listed as the number three most romantic city in the country.
Today, we're number 12.
What happened to all those candlelight dinners, romantic moonlight walks along the boardwalk or smooching on a street corner?
In all fairness, none of these factor into the survey.
Results are based on Amazon.ca sales data of romance novels and relationship books (Kindle books and print books), romantic comedy DVDs and a collection of romantic music CDs from Jan. 1, 2012 - Jan. 23, 2013 on a per capita basis in cities with more than 80,000 residents.
All this means is Kelowna may very well be a romantic city - just not a 'cheesy' 50 Shades of Grey kind of romantic city.
According to Amazon.ca Victoria top the list this year followed by North Vancouver, Waterloo ON, Kingston ON and Guelph ON.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17
- Memory card looking for a home Jun 17