Feb 5, 2013 / 7:40 pm
An escort agency in Kamloops, is under fire over allegations it was contacting teenage girls through Facebook as part of a recruiting effort.
A 17-year-old girl said Tuesday that she and several of her friends were contacted on Facebook by Angels After Dark, an agency that boasts the hottest escorts in Kamloops.
The girl, who wants to remain anonymous, said she didn't respond, but that when some of her friends did, the agency asked if they were underage.
When they said yes, the agency asked if they had any legally aged friends who wanted to make up to $500 a day.
"I posted a status just asking has anyone else been poked or messaged. And I immediately got, like, five or six girls saying yeah, they poked me and more friends even saying, like, they got messaged personally."
"I told my Mom about it and asked what's an escort service and she immediately became aware and worried about it. Like, why me, I'm 17 years old and I don't really want to see that stuff."
While the company's website is still up, its Facebook profile has been taken down and no one from the agency would comment.
A Kamloops city official said there's no record of Angels After Dark having a business licence so the agency would be operating illegally.
Planning and development manager Randy Lambright said such agencies usually don't have business addresses and often operate under the radar from out-of-town locations.
Read more BC News
- Saanich man, 85, beat in home invasion
- Driver, 11, flips jeep killing 12-year-old
- Air force helps rescue hiker
- Coal mine rejected on Vancouver Island
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
(Click for RSS instructions.)