Feb 4, 2013 / 2:37 pm
The 5-year-old boy held hostage nearly a week is safe and the Alabama man who held him hostage is dead.
Authorities are going live now (2:30 p.m.) with the announcement.
The news conference is being held Monday afternoon in Midland City. Police say 65-year-old Jim Dykes had been holding the boy hostage for days.
Before the news conference Monday, an ambulance that had been parked near the scene could be seen driving away.
Read more World News
- NASA - Astronauts not in danger
- Homosexuality law to stand in India
- Six-year-old boy suspended for kissing
- Art stolen from London gallery
- Man signing at Mandela memorial a fake
- Crane collapses on supermarket, 1 dead
- Stolen cobalt-60 finally removed by robot
- Bride shared little emotion over his death
- Police clash with protesters in Ukraine
- Another theft from Walker's crash
- First national marketplace for legal pot
- Convicted killer executed in Oklahoma
(Click for RSS instructions.)