Feb 4, 2013 / 2:37 pm
The 5-year-old boy held hostage nearly a week is safe and the Alabama man who held him hostage is dead.
Authorities are going live now (2:30 p.m.) with the announcement.
The news conference is being held Monday afternoon in Midland City. Police say 65-year-old Jim Dykes had been holding the boy hostage for days.
Before the news conference Monday, an ambulance that had been parked near the scene could be seen driving away.
Read more World News
- John Lennon guitar sells for $408,000
- Arrests made in Las Vegas iPad killing
- Mice and lizards return from space
- Plane crashes at airshow in Turkey
- One winning ticket for $590M Powerball
- Pope decries banks over people
- French gay marriage law signed
- Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Powerball jackpot $600M and rising
- Plane catches fire at Moscow airport
- First Saudi woman scales Mount Everest
- North Korea fires 3 short-range missiles
(Click for RSS instructions.)