Penticton and South Okanagan
Feb 4, 2013 / 1:03 pm
A detached garage and a vehicle were burned in a fire that started early Monday morning in Penticton.
The fire started in a car at 702 Duncan Avenue East at around 5:30 a.m. and spread to the garage, according to Deputy Fire Chief Dave Spalding with the Penticton Fire Department.
Two fire trucks and six firefighters responded initially, with others arriving for back up later. Upon arrival, they found the garage fully engulfed in flames.
There were people at home at the time, but they made it out safely and there was no fire damage to the house.
The fire definitely started in the car, but the fire department could not determine the cause, said Spalding.
The RCMP are continuing to investigate.
Read more Penticton / S. Okanagan News
City of Penticton
Penticton Discussion Forum
Penticton & Wine Country Chamber
Regional District Okanagan-Similkameen
District of Summerland
Summerland Chamber & Tourism
Town of Oliver
Town of Osoyoos
Town of Keremeos
School District 67 - Okanagan Skaha
School District 53 - Okanagan Similkameen
Okanagan Regional Library
- CUPE 523 strike averted Dec 2
- Judge: 'Your pyro days are done' Dec 2
- Distillery and electricity rates on agenda Dec 2
- Sentencing in sex assault case Dec 2
- Sage Mesa boil water notice still in effect Dec 1
- Mt. Baldy opening still in limbo Nov 30
- Councillor no longer seeking nomination Nov 29