Feb 4, 2013 / 12:54 pm
A two vehicle collision involving a transit bus and a small SUV has left three people injured.
The SUV was traveling west on Lawrence just after 12 p.m. on Monday when the driver blew through a stop sign on Lawrence Ave. The vehicle then smashed into the front end of the bus at the Pandosy intersection.
The driver of the SUV says he was thrown off by the construction on Bernard and came down Lawrence instead.
"It isn't a regular traffic light here, it is a flashing red, way up high in the air," says the driver.
The driver of the bus claims there were approximately a dozen riders inside at the time, and three had to be looked at by paramedics.
One man was placed in an ambulance and may go to hospital for observation. The driver of the SUV was not injured.
Traffic had to be rerouted around the area.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Gifts sought for children's X-mas party Dec 4
- Rotary optimistic lights will twinkle Dec 4
- Hero Mountie saves distraught woman Dec 3
- Stuart Park: 'Stay warm my friends' Dec 3
- Mission Creek trees get festive flair Dec 3
- Council: New cop shop long overdue Dec 3
- More delays for Grossmith case Dec 3
- Civic award nominations now open Dec 2
- City sand truck has trouble Dec 2
- Court hears drug dealer feared for life Dec 2