Feb 4, 2013 / 12:54 pm
A two vehicle collision involving a transit bus and a small SUV has left three people injured.
The SUV was traveling west on Lawrence just after 12 p.m. on Monday when the driver blew through a stop sign on Lawrence Ave. The vehicle then smashed into the front end of the bus at the Pandosy intersection.
The driver of the SUV says he was thrown off by the construction on Bernard and came down Lawrence instead.
"It isn't a regular traffic light here, it is a flashing red, way up high in the air," says the driver.
The driver of the bus claims there were approximately a dozen riders inside at the time, and three had to be looked at by paramedics.
One man was placed in an ambulance and may go to hospital for observation. The driver of the SUV was not injured.
Traffic had to be rerouted around the area.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21