Feb 4, 2013 / 9:10 am
Time sure flies when you're having fun.
That's certainly the case for Andy & Tj who celebrated the 10th anniversary of their morning show Monday at 101.5 EZ Rock.
Andy & Tj have been waking Kelowna up since February 3rd, 2003.
Since then, this duo has become the longest running morning show team in Kelowna. Their accomplishments and awards over the last decade are numerous including a very personal one – the couple got married in 2009.
Andy & Tj are well known for their community and charitable involvements include a range of organizations and causes, including:
- The Canadian Cancer Societies’ Daffodil Ball and Terry Fox Run
- Canadian Breast Cancer Foundations’ Run For the Cure
- Central Okanagan Hospice Associations’ “Swinging With The Stars”
- Team Diabetes, JDRF
- KGH Foundation
- BC Children’s Hospital
- Kelowna SPCA
- Rotary Centre for the Arts.
You’ll find the couple mc’ing galas and at fundraising events many weekends throughout the year.
"It’s very rare that one morning team will put a string of 10 consecutive years on air. 101.5 EZ Rock is very fortunate that Andy & Tj have been here to wake Kelowna up every morning," says Astral Group Brand Manager, Mark Burley.
"In a city like Kelowna, where the radio landscape keeps changing, it’s nice to have the consistency of a duo that you’re comfortable hearing each and every morning. Congratulations to both Andy and Tj on this significant benchmark!"
General Manager Don Shafer says it seems like yesterday Andy got off the bus from doing radio in Winnipeg.
"Luckily Tj picked him up. Behind every good man is an even better woman," says Shafer.
"Kidding aside, 10 years of being in the same chairs doing the same show is quite a commitment to community and their careers in radio. We congratulate them both!"
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7
- Lights aglow on Big White Dec 7
- Creating community Dec 7
- Disabled person given the squeeze Dec 7
- Free Wi-Fi Dec 7
- Jail for man who beat his grandfather Dec 7
- Another transit driver assaulted Dec 6
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6