Feb 3, 2013 / 9:46 pm
West Kelowna fire crews were called to a shed fire just after 9 p.m. Sunday night.
Witnesses reported seeing flames coming from a 'painter's shack' behind 1310 Ponderosa Court.
The flames could be seen from Highway 97 as the property backs onto Denny Court and Highway 97.
The small structure was fully engulfed by the time crews arrived, but firefighters had the fire out by 9:30 p.m.
No one appeared home at the time. Neighbours say the owner kept painting materials in the shed.
RCMP and the fire department are investigating.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Premier's riding goes 'Up in Smoke' Nov 27
- Latest Westside Road project complete Nov 27
- Fearless coyote kills family dog Nov 26
- Box of wine tossed after crash Nov 25
- Alleged arsonist also property manager Nov 22
- West Kelowna grow-op dismantled Nov 20
- West K set for sweeping zoning changes Nov 20
- Young men brave icy waters to save man Nov 19
- Christmas lights tour for the food bank Nov 19
- Designers wanted for civic centre Nov 18