Feb 3, 2013 / 9:46 pm
West Kelowna fire crews were called to a shed fire just after 9 p.m. Sunday night.
Witnesses reported seeing flames coming from a 'painter's shack' behind 1310 Ponderosa Court.
The flames could be seen from Highway 97 as the property backs onto Denny Court and Highway 97.
The small structure was fully engulfed by the time crews arrived, but firefighters had the fire out by 9:30 p.m.
No one appeared home at the time. Neighbours say the owner kept painting materials in the shed.
RCMP and the fire department are investigating.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Cdn. singer highlights Westside Daze Jun 13
- Premier ready to work for your vote Jun 12
- Heritage buildings saved from fire Jun 12
- West Kelowna opts for new score clock Jun 12
- Westside-Kelowna voting information Jun 12
- Byelection date set for July 10 Jun 12
- Traffic calming options explored Jun 12
- Dix comes out swinging Jun 12
- Carole Gordon Vs. Christy Clark Jun 11
- Hockeyville $$$ for a clock or sign Jun 10