Feb 3, 2013 / 10:20 am
British Columbia’s best bartenders shook, stirred and muddled for their chance to become the champion of Big White’s Absolut World February 2.
Grant Sceney of Vancouver’s Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel took top spot with his Absolut Beta cocktail. The drink was a unique combination of citrus and basil and had the judges singing his praises.
Judges included Big White’s Director of Snow Sports Josh Foster, Rod Butters from RauDZ restaurant in Kelowna, Casey Wilson of Absolut and Allison Markin of All She Wrote.
The evening was hosted by Absolut's Jacob Sweetapple.
Over 200 event attendees experienced mixology magic while they sipped on wine, spirits and craft beers and enjoyed nibbles from Urban Fare, The BullWheel and Kettle Valley Steakhouse.
Runner’s up included Gez Mcalpine and Keenan Hood both from Keefer Bar in Vancouver, who finished 2nd and 4th respectively. Justin Darnes from George Lounge in Vancouver took 3rd place.
For details on upcoming events at Big White Ski Resort visit their website.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21