Feb 2, 2013 / 9:54 pm
A man facing a dozen charges following a stabbing rampage at a Vancouver apartment building was a "nice, charming guy," says a former co-worker.
Jerome Bonneric faces four counts of aggravated assault, four counts of assault with a weapon, three counts of common assault and one count of assaulting a police officer after a man randomly attacked residents in the hallways of the building on Thursday night.
Olivier Audibert, who worked with Bonneric at a bakery, says the 33-year-old did a very good job and was liked by customers, who have been calling the shop to express shock.
Eight people were injured, six taken to hospital and one person was in critical condition following the incident.
Bonneric is scheduled to make a court appearance on Monday morning.
Police say their investigation will look at whether mental health, drugs or alcohol played a role in the attacks. (CKWX-The Canadian Press)
Read more BC News
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
(Click for RSS instructions.)