Feb 1, 2013 / 3:45 pm
On the wild animal front, on January 9th the RCMP received a report of a cougar sighting on the Salmon River Trail.
Then on January 11th they received a call of a lynx in the Whitevale area.
A local licensed trapper, he set a live trap for the animal and it was captured that same day. The animal has been moved from the area.
Use caution when walking the local trails as wildlife may be encroaching on populated areas due to the recent heavy snowfalls.
Read more North Okanagan News
- Falkland rodeo photo gallery May 20
- Falkland rodeo 'no bull' for community May 20
- Images from Falkland Stampede May 20
- Body recovered from Shuswap Lake May 14
- Cherryville manhunt May 13