Vernon and North Okanagan
Feb 1, 2013 / 12:31 pm
Two people are in custody after police raided a motorhome allegedly doubling as a drug house in Vernon.
RCMP say they received a tip that a suspect was trafficking in cocaine and heroin from the motorhome parked in the 6100 block of Okanagan Landing Road.
Officers raided the home Tuesday night and seized about two grams of powder cocaine, one gram of rock cocaine, 6.5 grams of heroin and three grams of methamphetamine along with assorted pills.
Scales, packaging material and Canadian currency were also removed.
RCMP spokesman Gord Molendyk says police also discovered snowboards, skis and other items believed stolen from a recent break and enter in the Vernon area.
Police arrested the 27-year-old owner of the motorhome on drug and property related charges.
A 24-year-old female with an outstanding warrant was also arrested.
Both were remanded in custody and will appear in court later today (Friday).
Two other men found inside the motor home were released at the scene.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- CN confirms interest in rail line Dec 3
- Two cats perish in mobile home fire Dec 2
- Expired car insurance leads to pot bust Dec 2
- Icy road accidents began this weekend Dec 2
- Weather playing havoc on drivers Dec 2
- RCMP bust 16 in drug trafficking case Dec 2
- Guilty plea entered in child porn case Nov 29