Feb 1, 2013 / 11:30 am
A Surrey man learned the hard way it isn't wise to step on the gas with a suitcase full of cash.
The unidentified 35-year-old was pulled over for speeding Tuesday afternoon in Darfield on Highway 5, a small community between Clearwater and Barriere about 75km north of Kamloops.
While dealing with the driver the officer noted several indicators that caused him to enter into an investigation under the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.
The driver was detained and a police service dog was deployed. Further evidence obtained led to the arrest of the driver.
A subsequent search of the vehicle turned up a suitcase in the trunk containing more than $61,000 in cash.
The man is scheduled to appear in a Kamloops court April 11 on charges of Possession of Property obtained by Crime.
Read more BC News
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
(Click for RSS instructions.)