Feb 1, 2013 / 11:30 am
A Surrey man learned the hard way it isn't wise to step on the gas with a suitcase full of cash.
The unidentified 35-year-old was pulled over for speeding Tuesday afternoon in Darfield on Highway 5, a small community between Clearwater and Barriere about 75km north of Kamloops.
While dealing with the driver the officer noted several indicators that caused him to enter into an investigation under the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.
The driver was detained and a police service dog was deployed. Further evidence obtained led to the arrest of the driver.
A subsequent search of the vehicle turned up a suitcase in the trunk containing more than $61,000 in cash.
The man is scheduled to appear in a Kamloops court April 11 on charges of Possession of Property obtained by Crime.
Read more BC News
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
(Click for RSS instructions.)