Feb 1, 2013 / 9:38 am
The company will soon begin offering service five days a week from YLW to Abbotsford BC and Red Deer, AB.
“This is great news for our passengers,” says YLW Airport Director Sam Samaddar.
“The more we can expand our inter-provincial reach the better. We have seen strong passenger loads on Northwestern Air and are pleased they have confidence in the market to increase their service to Red Deer and expand into Abbotsford.”
According to Northwestern Air, the new service schedule will begin March 3.
“When we started service last year, it was always our plan to increase our flights to YLW,” says Northwestern Air President Terry Harrold.
“We’ve built a strong business case and it is nice to see the passenger demand for this air service, adding Abbotsford just made sense”.
This mean YLW will now offer 66 daily non-stop commercial flights.
For more information check out the airport online.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19