Feb 1, 2013 / 9:38 am
The company will soon begin offering service five days a week from YLW to Abbotsford BC and Red Deer, AB.
“This is great news for our passengers,” says YLW Airport Director Sam Samaddar.
“The more we can expand our inter-provincial reach the better. We have seen strong passenger loads on Northwestern Air and are pleased they have confidence in the market to increase their service to Red Deer and expand into Abbotsford.”
According to Northwestern Air, the new service schedule will begin March 3.
“When we started service last year, it was always our plan to increase our flights to YLW,” says Northwestern Air President Terry Harrold.
“We’ve built a strong business case and it is nice to see the passenger demand for this air service, adding Abbotsford just made sense”.
This mean YLW will now offer 66 daily non-stop commercial flights.
For more information check out the airport online.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Bait sleds hidden around the interior Dec 11
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 11
- Fire destroys mobile home Dec 11
- Prolific offender in custody Dec 11
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9