Feb 1, 2013 / 8:17 am
Canadians dreaming about becoming a space tourist now have another choice.
Space Expedition Corp. and Xcor Aerospace have signed a deal with Quebec travel agency Uniktour to offer suborbital flights in the Quebec market.
A similar deal is in the works for the rest of the Canadian market and is set to be announced in the coming days in Toronto.
Uniktour president Philippe Bergeron will be the first Canadian to experience a suborbital flight this December.
He will travel in the Lynx Mark 1 space plane, which is still undergoing tests.
Another company, Virgin Galactic, has already been taking reservations and hopes to begin its space tourism flights in 2014.
Read more Canada News
- Montreal Mayor arrested at his home
- Montreal plot to strike at armoured cars
- Team Canada beats USA, sweeps series
- Harper, G8 propose to fight tax havens
- Feds want permanent secrecy in place
- Trudeau vows to repay charities
- Terry Fox preps Chinese for Canada
- Mystery men in Ford photo identified
- Quebec soccer scraps turban ban
- Syria moved to top of G8 agenda
- Premier: Trudeau should return $20K
- Canada-EU free-trade talks 'difficult'