Feb 1, 2013 / 8:17 am
Canadians dreaming about becoming a space tourist now have another choice.
Space Expedition Corp. and Xcor Aerospace have signed a deal with Quebec travel agency Uniktour to offer suborbital flights in the Quebec market.
A similar deal is in the works for the rest of the Canadian market and is set to be announced in the coming days in Toronto.
Uniktour president Philippe Bergeron will be the first Canadian to experience a suborbital flight this December.
He will travel in the Lynx Mark 1 space plane, which is still undergoing tests.
Another company, Virgin Galactic, has already been taking reservations and hopes to begin its space tourism flights in 2014.
Read more Canada News
- Former Harper director gets key job
- Roots led to writing for Alice Munro
- Man accused of killing three-year-old
- Harper and former PMs pay respect
- Man to stand trial after Mounties shot
- Environment Min. posts dead bear photo
- Economy adds 21,600 jobs in November
- Widow urges soldiers to 'Go get help'
- B.C. Mountie gets two years probation
- Quotes from Mandela in Canada
- We've lost a great moral leader: Harper
- Harper weighs in on solider suicides