Feb 1, 2013 / 8:17 am
Canadians dreaming about becoming a space tourist now have another choice.
Space Expedition Corp. and Xcor Aerospace have signed a deal with Quebec travel agency Uniktour to offer suborbital flights in the Quebec market.
A similar deal is in the works for the rest of the Canadian market and is set to be announced in the coming days in Toronto.
Uniktour president Philippe Bergeron will be the first Canadian to experience a suborbital flight this December.
He will travel in the Lynx Mark 1 space plane, which is still undergoing tests.
Another company, Virgin Galactic, has already been taking reservations and hopes to begin its space tourism flights in 2014.
Read more Canada News
- Same sex inmates lose bid to be together
- Rob Ford - media dominator
- Storm cuts power to thousands
- Another soldier dies of apparent suicide
- Politicians pay tribute to Paul Desmarais
- Soldier told PTSD will end military career
- Judge approves $35M settlement
- Girlfriend testifies on gang murders
- Duffy is recovering after heart surgery
- Senator crashes car on Parliament Hill
- Don't compare Marion Barry to Rob Ford
- Suspended senator becomes reporter