Feb 1, 2013 / 8:17 am
Canadians dreaming about becoming a space tourist now have another choice.
Space Expedition Corp. and Xcor Aerospace have signed a deal with Quebec travel agency Uniktour to offer suborbital flights in the Quebec market.
A similar deal is in the works for the rest of the Canadian market and is set to be announced in the coming days in Toronto.
Uniktour president Philippe Bergeron will be the first Canadian to experience a suborbital flight this December.
He will travel in the Lynx Mark 1 space plane, which is still undergoing tests.
Another company, Virgin Galactic, has already been taking reservations and hopes to begin its space tourism flights in 2014.
Read more Canada News
- On the road again-Harper pumps pipeline
- Giant pandas' VIP debut at Toronto Zoo
- Duffy claimed campaigning expenses
- Killer cement truck driver up for parole
- Gretzky collector sells hoard
- Wife is 'broken' after test drive death
- Nordegg fire gallery
- Murder charge laid in test drive death
- Clark wins war but not her own battle
- Missing man's remains found
- Beach trip for bus beheader
- Ferry officer guilty of criminal negligence